Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

I have a Simpson Ezi Sensor 5.5kg washing machine and when I…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Simpson...
Hi I have a Simpson Ezi Sensor 5.5kg washing machine and when I put a load of washing on it gets half way through the wash cycle and then it just continually beeps and beeps and beeps. This has happened to me before and I normally just drain the machine and give it an hour or so and then rewash and it works. But this time even when I put to the drain or rinse cycle it works for 15 seconds and then continually beeps. This has been going on for 3 days now and I haven't been able to wash anything. Can you give me any tips to try or do I need to call a technican?
Thanks Kylie
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
4/30/2011
AU Appliance Technician: AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

When the machine is beeping, is it a fast beep? or a slow beep, and are there any lights flashing on the panel when this is occurring>? Let me know okay,,I have the service manual here for Ezisets, perhaps we can diagnose the fault code it is giving via the beeps/flashing lights,,,

Customer:

yes the lights flash as well and I would say it is a fast beep

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

can you tell me which particular lights are flashing by any chance?

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

certain combination of lights, and how many times they flash, all have a different meaning,,,

Customer:

it is the lid locked light

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Ahh the lid lock mechanism,, ok 2 secs

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Can you please get the model number, and serial code off the machine, rear lfft hand side on the back of the control panel, on a silver sticker usually,,

Customer:

model is SWT552SA

Customer:

S/N 85052502

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

So it is definetely the lid lock light flashing, no other lights?

Customer:

yes just the lid lock - I just put it on again to make sure

Customer:

and definitely a fast beep

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

okay then, the lid switch is more than likely become faulty, as there is no individual fault code just for a flashing lid lock mechanism light. If you go here, and enter your model no and serial code, you will see that the machine is under voluntary product recall for faulty lid locking mechanism. Until you get the switch replaced, the machine will continue to think that the lid is not closed, or is faulty. Usually when faulty, all three temp lights flash, just not in this case. I would suspect the lid lock as I have repaired many of these machines,,,

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

http://www.simpson.com.au/solver/recall/au/?

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Enter model number and serial at bottom of page, and input personal details, Simpson will get in touch and organize with you to attend and repair for free of charge.

Customer:

ok thankyou for your help. I will accept now.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

make sure you contact them and get the lid lock fixed okay,,

Customer:

yes will do it now. thanks again

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Cheers, ***** *****

AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.