Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Fob doesn't unlock car. Use key for entry but car won't

Customer Question
Fob doesn't unlock car...

Fob doesn't unlock car. Use key for entry but car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had problems starting the vehicle? Do any lights still turn on?

Lights all still work. Used to unlock car with key then had to put key in ignition to disable alarm. Now even alarm doesn't go off

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2013 mitsubishi outlander

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Wouldn't even jump start

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
8/3/2021
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello & welcome to Just answer

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been an automotive engineer since 1996 so hopefully I can help
Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your vehicle, it’s certainly frustrating when this happens as it rarely occurs at a convenient time.
May I ask with whom I am speaking today?

I'd 1st suggest to replace the battery in the fob and then try resetting the car by disconnecting the main battery and then press the brake pedal down for a few seconds  before reconnecting it  and then lock the car using the manual key blade in the drivers door , leave for 1 minute and then try unlocking the car again with the manual key in the drivers door and start the engine

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have to recode the fob

That may have to be done as its not impossible the fob has lost its code to the car, this is unlikely though

if disconnecting the battery doesn't do the trick then try this:

1) Hold both the lock and unlock button until the lights flash three times.

2) Let the buttons go.

3) Push the unlock button until the light flashes two times.

Hello
Do you still need help ?

As I’ve provided an answer based on the information you’ve provided, but I am still willing to help further if required.
If you would like to follow up with more information which would help me provide more detail then please do so.
My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and hopefully I've helped today. If my advice was helpful please leave an appropriate rating

Thanks Matt