Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

The head unit in my 2012 Amarok has stopped working for no…

Customer Question
The head unit in...

The head unit in my 2012 Amarok has stopped working for no reason what can I do

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 VW?

4 motion 2H twin turbo bti420 ultimate Amarok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I haven’t tried to fix it as I don’t know what to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
10/20/2019
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hello, my name is***** have been with Just Answer since 2009 and have been working on vehicles since 1992. I will be happy to assist with all of your questions. I am usually online until late evening each day, if we happen to miss each other, I will follow up as quickly as I can, in some cases this may be first thing in the morning depending on the time you respond.

You may see a prompt to receive a call, you can agree or decline. If at some point you feel you need to speak on the phone feel free to request the call on your end.

The first thing that needs to be checked for is any blown fuses. If a blown fuse is found it will need to be replaced to resolve this issue.

If no blown fuses are found then you will have to have the head unit removed to test the power and ground signals to it to see if there is a loss of power or ground to the head unit. If there is no loss of power and ground and the connections to the head unit are all clean, tight and secure then the head unit itself will have to be replaced, unfortunately.

If you need to continue or if there is anything else I can assist with at all, let me know here and I will be happy to assist further.

Thanks, Pete