Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Kia carnival just changed the intake fuel pump…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Kia carnival just changed the intake fuel pump as well as the filter but the fuel isn’t going through it will crank but won’t start could it be possibly that the main fuel line is blocked thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Can not smell gasoline around the engine and filled up 1 week ago and car has been off the road for 3 days

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Kia?

Carnival VQ

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we have tried a new fuel filter we have dropped the tank and emptied it and got the fuel pump assesories and replaced that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All coils are new oil filter and oil change has been done

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
7/12/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 9 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello: I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you! Walt~Moderator
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Continue please
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 8 days ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Are the timing belts ok?

Have you done a compression test?

Gary

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Timing belts are good we have finally got the car to start but now there is grey smoke coming out of the exhaust and you can smell fuel
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 7 days ago

Ok, so the engine was flooded for some reason , no spark etc.

The smoke might disappear once it gas been revved up a bit etc.

Gary

AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 4 days ago

Hello again,

Do you need any more help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary