Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

On a 2008 Chrysler grand voyager 2.8l Crd. Where is the

Customer Question
On a 2008 Chrysler...

On a 2008 Chrysler grand voyager 2.8l Crd. Where is the crankshaft position sensor located

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

Has stopped and won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?

Read codes, reading po336, engine light come on while driving and engine shut down it self. Engine will turn over fine but won’t fire

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
5/31/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician

Crank position sensors are nearly always in the same position on a motor, which is on the front, just above the oil pan, near where the engine and transmission mate. The tone wheel is nearly always (actually in EVERY situation I can think of) near the back of the crank. I've attached a pic of the crank so you can see the tone wheel location.

Here's some rough instructions on making it easier to get to.

1. Move coolant reservoir out of the way. No need to disconnect hoses.
2. Remove heat shield from top of turbo.
3. (from the bottom) Loosen nut on V-clamp from turbo downpipe, disconnect, and move downpipe outboard. Now you can see everything from top and bottom.
4. Remove heat shield over CPS.
5. Disconnect harness plug. Slide CPS plug out of bracket.

I want to take a minute to explain how this site works.

We work from our cell phones, shops, homes, etc to help people fix their cars. Recently the site added a membership feature for our customers to get more questions for less money. Unfortunately it has caused confusion with some customers who think that because they've become members or payed a deposit, they don't need to rate or accept our answer.

If you don't accept the answer, we don't even get an hourly wage, and because of the memberships, I have seen my accept percentage fall by almost half.

You're completely covered by both your credit card, and you can put in for a refund if I can't work out a successful solution to your problem. Please remember to hit accept, the site is getting paid but a lot of us experts are not getting our cut of correctly answered questions because of confusion about the site.

You can still come back later and ask follow up questions if necessary on this page even after you hit accept, but if you
leave to fix the vehicle and don't return in time, it will time out, the site keeps your money, and even though I was right, I get nothing.

Do you have a diagram of where crankshaft sensor is ? I’ve looked where you have said. The coolant reservoir is above transmission and turbo is towards the timing end. It is a 2.8l diesel Chrysler Grand Voyager March 2008 model.
Oh I will add it’s a right hand drive in Australia!!