Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

While driving car powers down and shuts down on corner

Customer Question
While driving car powers...

While driving car powers down and shuts down on corner changed fuel pump same problem it's a c32 2004amg

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Yes it is original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

C32amg 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taken to merc mechanic can it be electrical rather then the pump it's like when it power down is runs on 4

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
anyone there
5/30/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is the engine stalling out with this fault here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Only when im turning coner changed fuel pump drove well put when i press hard on accelrator its strating lose power then it would go back to normal but when i stoped at a red light it would kind power down and stall

O.k., one common cause for a fault like this here is the crankshaft position sensor itself. It can fail to send the correct signal to the ignition components and engine computer on the position of the crankshaft itself. When this occurs the engine can run roughly in some cases or lack of power due to intermittent loss signal or even stall out. This was a common issue.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle this needs to be done.If any fault codes are set those codes will need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.

If no codes are set you can usually use a scan tool to observe the rpm data signal on the scan tools data list to see if the rpm signal is cutting out with this fault when the issue occurs. If it is then the crank sensor needs to be replaced.

Fuel pump failure and crank sensor failure were most common for the fault you have described here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete