Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Sebring 2008 convertible and the battery is

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Sebring 2008 convertible and the battery is constantly draining having to recharge nearly everyday, I have the handbrake indicator light on in red most of the time and also symbol which looks like a battery or engine on in orange. I have had the car checked by Chrysler dealership at some cost, the problem was fine for some time now it is becoming a big problem. Can you please offer some advice. I love my car and don't really want to change it. Thanks Kris.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No I don't.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Chrysler Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are fixing it by charging the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am a woman so I may not be too smart re mechanics.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
5/30/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The warning lights you see, are they on with the car off or while the car is running?

Do you own a digital volt ohm meter?