Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Got "immobilizer active" msg after flat battery. Its flat…

Customer Question
Got "immobilizer active" msg...

Got "immobilizer active" msg after flat battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Its flat but when I charged it I got the imm active msg

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

09 mondeo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected battery for 20 mins. Didn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Na. That's the basic issue.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
5/30/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

In some cases, you can lock and unlock the doors with the key or remote to disable this issue here. If this does not work then you will need to have the key/remote reprogrammed to the vehicle. This is done with a dealers scan tool/computer plugged into your model as they have to perform the reprogramming for your vehicle to accept it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete