Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Driving down the highway and it goes into limp home mode.

Customer Question
Driving down the highway...

Driving down the highway and it goes into limp home mode

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Mechanics have looked at it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ford?

They have put new plugs in it , checked sensors , checked and serviced injectors,removed inlet manifolds,removed exhaust and checked catalytic converter, gotten new air flow sensor, removed fuel pump fuse and put they put LPG gas in inlet and vehicle runs ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

They advise the air flow meter and injectors are putting in up to five time more than it should as all it will do is idle . It won’t go pass a idle and then it runs rough and stops . You can smell it it using to much fuel and it is . They advise they are not getting any codes. I suggested it may be the computer what do you suggest

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It had had 3 mechanics trying to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They don’t know what wrong with it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Car
5/28/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Gene, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what year and model ford is this, a car or truck? Gas or diesel?

2003 For Escape V6 petrol

Ok if it it going into limp mode then it must be setting some sort of trouble code, does a check engine light come on oe a transmission od light flash? Does it reset and drive ok if you cycle the key off and back on? Its after a prolonged period of driving or its all random?

It would be better by Tex

Thats fine, its just the website prompting for a phone call.

The car went into limp home mode driving down highway it has had new plugs injectors air flow meter sensors Catalytic converter checked engine will only idle won’t rev then runs rough and stop they advise injectors and air flow by there scan tools they are putting up to five time more than required into engine no codes are coming up
They have put LPG gas in it and it runs okwhen fuel is stoped

Its common to see issues with the coil driver circuits fail in the Powertrain control module.This would set misfire codes or possibly only show up in mode 6 misfire data which is a data panel below setting codes. Make sure the fuel quality is good. Run both a key on engine off and key on engine running on demand tests to be sure there are no fault issues along with looking at mode 6 misfire data.If its going into limp mode it is setting a code and they may need to use a better scan tool to read that information.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

One mechanic had the latest snap on scan tool
It did have a code when it first went to the mechanic they have no idea what is wrong with it
If the fuel was bad would it cause it to only run at a idle
It is strang it was going down the highway and it went faulty
Could it be the computer the mechanic advise they don’t have problems with the computer in these vehicles
Another mechanics advised it is a vacuume leak and the inlet manifold was removed did not fix. It they also sprayed starting fluid around manifold no difference

I would need to know what the actual code was that set, this would give details of what to check. Too many possible issues without knowing the code.

Code is P1000 and they cannot delete it
It will only idle for 20 seconds runs ruffer and stops
Smells very rich of fuel

You will not be able to clear P1000, that is set when codes are cleared. When it completes a readiness test and all systems pass it will set a P1111 pass code. If the engine coolant temperature sensor is reading its colder than what it is it can dump too much fuel, or you have an issue with the fuel injectors dumping too much fuel or stuck open.

Injectors have been tested coolant temp 33degrees

Farenheight or celciius?

Ceclcus

Ok just checking, P100 means codes have been cleared, hats all I can tell you without more information.

We have not got a P100 code
The only code we have is P1000 and we cannot cleat it

I already explained that is not a code, it sets when codes are cleared. Thats all I can offer, if you like I can opt out of the question and maybe another expert can give you more help?

P1000 not P100

That what I require what do we do to fix it
It is man made someone must know what is the fault is ???

Ok I will open this up to other experts, good luck.

Thanks