Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 hyundai elantra wont start. flashing petrol light…

Customer Question
Hi Mike, my 2005...

Hi Mike, my 2005 hyundai elantra wont start . flashing petrol light when turning over and it has fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Ithink its the fuel light and it blinks continuously

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic has put in a new battery which it did not need and the thought know is that it needs a new key or key reader? how can you read the fault codes please?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sometimes it starts and runs for a few days then it will not start. just noticed the light blinking .only have one key

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
4/3/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does the fuel gauge read properly on this issue here?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.