Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

G'day, I have a BA falcon ute dedicated gas, it was

Customer Question
G'day, I have a...

G'day, I have a BA falcon ute dedicated gas, it was backfiring so I ordered new plugs and coil packs but b4 I received them I drove the vehicle and it backfired in my street and stalled after restarting the vehicle it would not accelerate at all so I reversed into the driveway. the next day the parts arrived and I replaced them, as I did so I checked if the accelerate was jammed it didn't seem to be and it reacted normally with the pedal, after reassembling everything the car starts perfectly but will not keep running, if I pump the accelerator sometimes I can get it revving at high revs continuously but the moment I ease up a little it stalls I've looked from the rubber seal around the throttle housing down to the air filter box, no apparent holes or anomalies also the vacuum connections for the brakes and heater tap (tricky I had to feel it as I could't see it felt ok) the stepper motor seemed ok I

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Sorry I don't think that question fits my situation it may belong to another thread and I hadn't finished typing b4. I must have punched the wrong key and sent it before I'd finished typing!

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Falcon?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , I've inspected for a vacuum leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No sorry.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/30/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Sounds like an issue with the lpg mixer.

Not a job for an unlicensed person.

Where do you normally get your car serviced, and are they LPG technicians?

Gary