Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Car has been immobilised. C class 220 CDI. 2006. Left car…

Customer Question
Car has been immobilised ...

Car has been immobilised

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

C class 220 CDI

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Left car parked this morning, no problems, now seems completely dead. Have opened car with key fob but no response in ignition. Suspect it has been immobilised.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Don’t think that’s the problem - has been changed in the last six months and have had no problems. How would I check it?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I need help NOW. Please get someone to call immediately
3/30/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
You say the vehicles completely dead, if you don't have dash lights or anything that is not an immobilizer issue.The immobilizer will not prevent you from having electrical power to the vehicle. Remove the battery and have it tested and charged.
Thanks a lot that was so worth $50. What a fraud.
Man there's a real run of you guys that just don't like the truth today, it's not my fault that you can't do basic investigation before you come here and ask for help. Furthermore that's not all the help you even get if you do charge the battery and still have an issue then I can continue helping you to diagnose it.I'm just a guy who tries to help people who don't know what they're doing fix their cars from my cell phone.I'm not in a call center somewhere and I don't even work for the site technically I'm just a contractor.You say that but if you took it to a shop they'd charge you $120. Time is money, I spent my time answering your question because you incorrectly thought that it was the immobilizer.You could have continued spending your time tearing things apart going down the wrong path, you came in here like it was the end of the world needing help right now I answered your question point you in the right direction, but because the BEGINNING part of the diagnosis is something simple, because you lack even basic knowledge of how your immobilizer system functions, you're going to call me a fraud?
Go charge your battery or replace it and then let me know if there is still an issue. There may be a drain on the battery or something.And for the record I don't even get paid until you accept so I have no reason to defraud you because the only people that have gotten any money so far are the website and I only get paid if you hit accept.