Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to know pipe into waterpump housing from thermostat…

Customer Question
Need to know pipe...

Need to know pipe into waterpump housing from thermostat does it have a seal or press in I have mine apart but it leaks out back of pump where pipe goes in

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Sure its water and out of back of pump housing

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MiniE?

Its a 207 petrol Peugeot 200 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MiniE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes its not a mimithough

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Na just ask if its got a seal or oring like the other end where it goes to the thermostat housing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
3/31/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

sh​ould have some sore of a seal if water flows through

of course but I want to know what deals the pipe into the housing as I can't see an o ring in there please look up this model and then get back to me so I'm not
wasting time and money with this service
AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

G​o ahead and order pump it probably will come with seals orings. Since pump is leaking. where do you plan on buying part? Is that what you need to know where to buy the pump..the pump is leaking

no water pump is in front this is the rear half of housing and feed in pipe which also has filler pipe fro. bottle to it .now where it presses into housing is what we need to know how it seals because we have no parts book and it's so awkward to get at .there was a small piece of plastic lip ring shaped came broken away from pipe insert area does it have a sleeve possibly.