Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Put unlead fuel tank np300. Only ran for about 15 sec and…

Customer Question
Put unlead fuel tank...

Put unlead fuel tank np300

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes only ran for about 15 sec and turned it off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2015 np300 navara

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes lm looking at draining the tank and fuel lines

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Trying to syfon tank

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/29/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is the siphon hose not going all the way down into the filler neck to siphon the fuel out?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.

No siphon hose won’t go all the way in

O.k., the tank has an anti-siphon ball/block in it.Most of these newer models have this so no one can steal your fuel.It allows fuel to go in but none to be pulled out.

The only way to drain this tank is if it has a lift pump or low-pressure pump you can disconnect the fuel feed line from the output on it and place a hose over the line and run it into a bucket to drain the fuel with the key on.

But in most cases, the fuel tank has to be lowered out and drained that way to remove all fuel then reinstall the tank and add the correct fuel.I also recommend replacing the fuel filter at the same time.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete