Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a VW Crafter shiftmatic it is a manual box with a…

Customer Question
Hi there Martin i have...
Hi there Martin i have a VW Crafter shiftmatic it is a manual box with a clutch , self adjusting clutch plate and duels mass fly wheel. My pressure plate has failed and I have fitted all new the above. My problem is I have also fitted a new Hydrolic throw out bearing or thrust bearing and I need to know how to bleed it or is it self bleeding thanks Grant
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Still waiting for a response thanks
Answered in 1 day by:
3/28/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 3 months ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

Is the throwout bearing integral with the clutch slave cylinder? There should be a bleeder screw on the clutch slave, fluid is fed to the clutch master cylinder from the brake master cylinder reservoir. You would have to either use a vacuum or pressure bleed system and maintain full level in the reservoir during operation, or manually pump the pedal and open/close the bleed screw to purge any air.

There is no clutch pedal or as this is a fully automated gearbox and the on board computer changes the gears using solinoids etc the Hydrolic fluid to operate this gearbox is in the bottom of the gearbox if you google VW Crafter shiftmatic gearbox it will show you how this unit works but doesn’t show how to bleed the Hydrolic fluid after changing the thrust bearing which has a bleed nipple on the thrust bearing thanks Grant
Also you have charged my credit card for the full amount of $39 which I understand was not chargeable until you have given me the correct answer $5 for good faith and balance of $34 for when you have answers question correct your answer so far is in correct thanks grant
You clearly don’t know the correct answer to my problem and have been of no help at this stage I have now ask the same question elsewhere and have the correct answer please refund the payment paid to you in good faith thanks Grant