Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a suburu legacy it randomly started over heating and…

Customer Question
I have a suburu...

I have a suburu legacy it randomly started over heating and my partner said that he saw metal inside the radiator and that there was white smoke coming out of the exhaust and it only started doing that and I dont know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes there was no leaks and the coolant and the cooling system is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Legacy?

1994

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have not done anything to the car my partner does that sort of thing and he has no idea but he has checked to see if there were leaks and cracks and all that but he cant find whats wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all that he told me

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Australia Car
3/26/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 27 days ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Well Subarus are notorious for blowing head gaskets, and that seems to be what's going on here as well. The cylinders actually move around where they
Sorry, the cylinders move around where they are in contact with the head gasket due to lack of support.There are companies that make metal head gasket conversions to repair the problem.Many of these vehicles were covered by a recall, you should call the dealer and see if you can get the head gaskets replaced for free or at a reduced cost.Long story short you need to get the head gaskets done.I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to accept next to my name because it's the only way I get paid for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, even ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician