Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have the oil check light with exclamation point. What is…

Customer Question
I have the oil...

I have the oil check light with exclamation point. What is it

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Oil check lights the colour is orange

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009 Toyota Hiace disel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I haven’t tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the engine oil it’s all right

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Generally an orange oil check light with exclamation point means that the oil level is low that your vehicle has oil level sensor and it is sensing that there's not enough oil in the vehicle not pressure wise, level wise.Check your engine oil level after you warm the vehicle up and if it's low make sure that it's at least within the hash marks but preferably all the way full to the fill line.Generally you need to be at least a quart low for that light to come on but if the level is full then the level sensors probably faulty.Basically get the oil level to the fill line and then replace the oil level sensor if it still doesn't go out. Make sure the wiring to the level sensor isn't messed up because it's generally in the oil pan and possibly you have a broken wire from hitting a speed bump where a branch or something.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that is the only way that I'm compensated for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask you can ask even after hitting accept.