Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

When I got to work and tried to turn the car off I got a…

Customer Question
When I got to...

When I got to work and tried to turn the car off I got a message that auto start was disabled. I started the car, put in park and turned off. When I got out of the car I couldn't lock it so I got back in and now it won't start either

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No new car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to turn it on again but there are no lights at all. Battery only six months old

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/22/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This can be due to an issuewith the key fob/remote itself.The remote may have a weak battery in it or the remote itself may have an internal fault causing this issue needing replaced.

I would also double check to make sure the battery cables at the main battery are clean and tight and it may be a good idea to have the battery tested/checked to see if it needs replaced just in case it failed prematurely.It is also a good idea to have the alternator tested for any issues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete