Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My partner has changed the spark plugs and coils. My head…

Customer Question
My partner has changed...

My partner has changed the spark plugs and coils. My head unit was changed as my fan was stuck on.it was running perfect then all of a sudden its rough and missing again

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

2 weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford ba xt 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Said what we have done in first msg. My partner is fixing it yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Did you read what we have done to it?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi...the computer was plugged in and it came up that it was the throttle actuator. Is tha t was you mean?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cant afford another $39. It was only meant to be $5
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pls answer me

No problem with the phone call if that's what you're referring to.That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.Also, I sent in your other question to be closed out since it was a duplicate for this one here.Below in the link, you can speak with customer care on any charge related issues.If you still want to continue on this here let me know.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that watt i paid $40 for? Cant uou rell me anymore, d o i have to pay more?

No, not at all.I just wanted to make sure you were o.k. with the way the web site worked which is why I sent the link to customer care.

The throttle actuator won't cause this rough running issue here.But since it did clear up and run o.k. for some time after the coils and spark plugs were replaced this can be a fault with either one of the spark plugs fouling out due to a fuel injector over fueling the engine.I have seen fuel injectors act up/fail in the past before causing this type of fault here needing to be replaced.If you have not had the fuel injectors tested at all this needs to be done to see if this is an issue.

The spark plugs also need re checked to see if any are cracked or damaged when they were installed to make sure this isn't the issue as well as the coil connections to make sure no connections were left loose at the coils.

Usually, it will be one of these that will cause this issue here needing to be corrected to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician