Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My Honda crv 2002 when car stop at red light signal idiling.

Customer Question
My Honda crv 2002...

My Honda crv 2002 when car stop at red light signal idiling

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

My Honda crv 2002 when car stop at red light signal idiling speed dropped 1000 to 50 and engaging stop .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I increase speed by adjusting the cable.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's ok for the car or i have to take the car to the mechanic.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/21/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 3 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

This is generally caused by a dirty throttle body.

Remove the intake boot from the throttle body and clean the bore with some sensor safe throttle body cleaner and a toothbrush and rag then disconnect both battery cables from the battery and hold the metal ends together for a full 60 seconds to clear the keep alive memory then before hooking those back up get the throttle cable back as close as you can to where it started (that should have never been adjusted) and give it 50 to 100 miles and it should get back to idling correctly.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. THanks