Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My mechanic disconnected the battery and I need a code for…

Customer Question
My mechanic disconnected the...

My mechanic disconnected the battery and I need a code for the radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

X trail 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No my mechanic done some repairs and disconnect the battery the car was bought from auction and has no book with it xtrail 2007 series t 30

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Australia Car
3/21/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 30 days ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and ready to assist you.

unfortunately we tech's are no longer allowed access to this info for security reasons but I can give you the procedure to do so. First you must take this info to a dealer as they will not do this over the phone. You will need proof of ownership as well. The info you will need to supply is [ make model production date and vehicle's serial number, along with the serial number of the radio which is on the chassis of the radio] This is a free service dealers do . The only other thing we are allowed to do is provide you with this link that does this for many vehicles but they do charge a small fee. I will send you the link. I hope you understand our situation and good luck .

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician