Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I just installed a new engine in my 09 ford falcon has a…

Hi i just installed...

Hi i just installed a new engine in my 09 ford falcon has a boss 290, im hoping you can tell me where the vaccum lines run to from the intake manifold, there are two outlets

Answered in 2 days by:
3/22/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, since no one has posted any info here on the vacuum hose connections this may be due to the info being difficult to obtain.You may have to speak with a dealer or repair center in your area to see if they can look this info up for you to then locate where these hoses run to.They may or may not charge a fee for this info.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

If you were a mechanic u would know tee basics if a vaccum setup in the engine bay, not sure how this is even an answer

Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have on this myself here.There may be someone else here that can help with this further.I will open your question up for others to see if they can help further.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello there,

Is this a direct swap or a conversion in your Falcon?

The two outlets are for power brakes and vacuum supply to inside the vehicle for A/C controls.

Gary

thanks mate, i figured it out that far although there is a vaccum line that comes from the charcoal canister, does this just tap into the vaccum line that goes to the ac conttrols with a T piece?

So this is a conversion swap?

What was the original engine/Trans?

The canister purge hose connects up near the throttle body.

Gary

is a conversion, from fg xt falcon to fg xr8, auto to manual transmission. the problem im having now is ive connected up all vaccum lines and engine is running fine although i can see there is a vaccum canister with a line coming from it but im unsure where this connects to

Up near the throttle body.

See the holes in the bottom of the plenum with the throttle body off?

Also see the fitting at the back?

Gary

Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic