Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to overhaul the brake master cylinder. It's right…

Customer Question
I need to overhaul...

I need to overhaul the brake master cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It's right hand drive and its a 92 model

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/20/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer. I used to rebuild/overhaul those master cylinders all the time, but these days you cannot get overhaul kits for them anymore. So just purchase a complete master cylinder and replace it, then bleed the brakes well with good clean DOT 3 brake fluid. Replacing it is a much better way to go because you will get a warranty on it.

I hope this helps,

Chris

Unfortunately they are no longer available and I will need to get it sleved and put a kit in it. It's behind the dash, what's the best way to remove it. A Coaster is the 22 seat LWB bus here.