Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Would like to know if a transmission from a 1988 Navara 2.4L…

Customer Question
Hi, would like...

Hi, would like to know if a transmission from a 1988 Navara 2.4L 2wd w ill be suitable for a 1996 Navara 3L 2wd. Also the power steering box and pump please

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Pump in 3L Auto 2wd leaks continuously, needs replacing and box is very loose

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself, haven't touched it yet except to top up fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about it thanx

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/19/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Jay, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Steering box and steering system is different from the 88 to the 96, It also more heavy duty to support the 3.0 engine.

The Transmissions are also going to be much different from the 2.4 to the 3.0. The 2.4 is a 4 cylinder engine where the 3.0 is a V6 engine.

So swapping these parts will not work.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!