Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear camera/sonar screen is not activated when reverse…

Customer Question
The rear camera/sonar screen...

The rear camera/sonar screen is not activated when reverse is selected .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 SZ

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing has been tried at this point, I would ask a mechanic to fix if it is possibly a major problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 3 days by:
3/22/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If it does not try and display the camera at all when in reverse this can be an issue with programming.You would want to have the programming checked to see if any programming needs to be updated by a dealer.It may also be a fault with the reverse signal wire or a control unit not sending the signal to activate the camera.

Now if the screen comes on but is blank this can be a fault with the camera itself.I have seen the camera fail several times before in the past and it had to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete