Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 407 Triptronic gear box 4 speed and need to change…

We have a 407...

We have a 407 Triptronic gear box 4 speed and need to change the oil ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thanks, ***** ***** to fill the gearbox oil

3/18/2018
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

This is a sealed for life transmission unless a ware sensor set a code in the transmission management system.

Check the oil level every 60 000 kms.Prerequisites:

vehicle on horizontal ground,

check that the transmission is not in downgraded mode,

remove the filler plug 1 and systematically add 0.5 litres of oil to the transmission,

press the brake and change through all the gears,

selector lever in position P,

engine running at idle speed,

oil temperature 60 °C

1 - Filler plug

2 - Transmission housing

3 - Level plug

4 - Drain plug

Remove the level plug (3).

If oil streams out then starts to drip

close the level plug and tighten to 2.4 mdaN.

If oil drips out or does not flowat all

close the level plug (3),stop the engine,add 0.5 litres of oil to the transmission,repeat the level checking procedure,the oil level is correct if oil streams out and then starts to drip,close the level plug (3) and tighten to 2.4 mdaNclose the filler plug (1) and tighten to 2.4 mdaNToo much oil may have the following consequences:

abnormal heating of the oil,

oil leaks.

Too little oil may damage the transmission.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Where is the filler plug ????
My original question is where is the filler plug, so if you can't tell me that that will be all thanks.

As explained above it part of the drain plug .

To fill you need a pump to pump in the fluid though the drain plug which is a two part piece .

The yellow shaded part is what you remove to fill ,the blue part is what you remove to drain .

Rgds Greg

Hope this helped Lee .

The only thing now is getting a pump to pump in the fluid from below .

but check out this youtube for a few good cheap ideas .

Please click >>>HERE<<<

Greg

Ok thanks, ***** ***** plug is not in two - it is a single plug. The car is a Peugeot 407 diesel. 2005 Model.

What year .

Greg

sorry seen year

WOW lol . Under the air filter box as shown in the attachmentRgds Greg
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Wow - how complicated is that !! Thanks Greg, will have a go at it today - have drained the oil.