Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My AU ute pumps out the coolant but doesnt overheat, the…

My AU ute pumps...

My AU ute pumps out the coolant but doesnt overheat, the warning light keeps coming on. When checing the coolant , it is low. Could the presure cap need changing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yep, checked all of the above

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

AU 2001 V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ve checked the radiator, the coolant tank, all tre hoses and cap on the radiator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The ute is on dual fuel

3/18/2018
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello Cam,

If no other cause is visual for the loss, change the cap, and monitor.

The next test is to have the system pressure tested for loss, cold engine with a pressure tester on for 30 minutes or longer.

Pressure testing a hot engine gives a false reading of an internal leak, since the pressure drops as the coolant cools.

Gary

Gday Gary, Thanks for the advice, I;ll give it ago over the weekend.
Cheers
Cam

Ok Cam,

I'll leave it with you, and I'll check back in a few days.

Gary

Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic