Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

The internal light is stay on and takes at lest 30 mins to…

Customer Question
The internal light is...

The internal light is stay on and takes at lest 30 mins to turn off after all the doors are shut and also the electric mirrors aren't working and has power going to the switch and out of it. Could the mean the bum needs replacing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Fuses are good and have unplugged the door switch still no different

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

Mimi? It's a Ford F-250 2001 model with the 4.2L turbo diesel motor in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had an auto electrician look at it and he is thinking bcm but he doesn't know the Ford f series to well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nah that is pretty much it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/18/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago
eric remington

hello are you getting power to the mirrors themselves one or two? when using switch ck for power ground should be reverse polarity depending on direction

AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

d​oes electrician have a way of scanning bcm? if bad will require reprogramming...unless u get used one but that a gamble or u send off for repairs they have places here in usa they fix/ reprogram and send it back in mail

AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 months ago

m​ust be nice down under...also ck the wires that go thru the door and into the body. there will be a protective boot pull that off and ck for broken wires and do ck all fuses with a test lite or meter ck both sides of fuse every fuse

AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

AU Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

do you want help