Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Drama imy coolant is i have a sealed radiator 6mths ago i…

Customer Question
Drama imy coolant is...

Drama imy coolant is brown i have a sealed radiator 6mths ago i had head replaced after 1500k i put coolant now its brown i just trying2find out how2drain& refill & add a cleaner (bars Leaks)

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

The hoses are new & i dont have a leak i want to empty refill & add Bars Leaks/ Radiator Cleaner

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Its a 1996Mitsubishi Delica /Turbo Diesel Space Gear

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Space?

Ur ffunny

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Space yourself? What have you tried so far?

My dad brought me & he in heavan now lolmy name is Cheri & im living in this van cause i now have his 15yr old dog Sorry but couple of days ago i noticed coolant brown i cant get help i cant pay that delica club giving me drama i just want2 drain the crap put this radiator cleaner drive200k drop it & refill with purifiedwater & coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Like no1gives me answers

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also got bars leaks /rust&scale inhibitor i got2 add after empenting after 200klm i f dont kno iv not seen a plastic radiator with no cap its ok thanx

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It would be best to start by adding a cleaner to the cooling system and then run the engine for at least a half hour to let it circulate. From there y you'll want to drain the cooling system as much as possible. This is best done with the engine hot, but be aware there is the potential for burns if you do so. If you're not experienced with this sort of thing you may opt to wait until the engine has cooled again.

The best thing to do would be to remove the radiator cap and remove the lower radiator hose to drain it that way. You'll get more coolant out and won't have to worry about breaking the radiator drain.

Use a garden hose if possible to flush the engine, radiator and heater core directly.

When sufficiently flushed then you can reassemble everything, add your conditioner, fill and bleed the cooling system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.