Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 vz commodore powertrain error coming on how to fix…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My 2005...

Second opinion] My 2005 vz commodore powertrain error coming on how to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

193.000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commodore yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it's easy to do I'll will do it my self it over heats to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes please

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The warning is displaying because a failure is being seen. There are many possible causes for this warning and for the overheating, which may be related, and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done accordingly. Do you know what codes are currently setting?