Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 2005 vz commodore powertrain error coming on how to fix

Customer Question

My 2005 vz commodore powertrain error coming on how to fix it
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 193.000
JA: Are you fixing your Commodore yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it's easy to do I'll will do it my self it over heats to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes please
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
vz 2005 commodore powertrain error coming on how to fix
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's over heating to I think it a electrical problem
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This may be a fault with a faulty thermostat or engine coolant temp sensor.Since there is a powertrain fault coming up the first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.Once this is done there will be at least one fault code set.That code is then diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.Having the codes checked involves using a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicles data port that can communicate with all computers in your model.Most shops or a dealer will have this tool to check the codes and can diagnose the fault as well.Without knowing what code is set it is difficult to say for sure what needs to be replaced or repaired on your model to correct this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete