Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My ford went in for its 105,000km service. In the

Customer Question
Hi my ford went...

Hi my ford went in for its 105,000km service. In the recommendations they said front brake pads need replacing. Motor oil leaking on top of engine need wash and need rebooking for rechecking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

3 weeks later when Courtesy car was available the oil leak has turned into a $5000 injector blow by that has seized the injector into the head and caused contamination to wiring and other components. We have serviced it at ford since new. It is a 7 year old car. Cannot believe that 3 weeks ago no sign of a major repair. Does it sound right?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010/ ford minded zetec 2l diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we have used ford dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/14/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Thanks gary

Yes, seen this before.

Can they not get the injector out?

Gary

They want me to give the go ahead to repair but cannot tell me what they need to to. They think it’s just 1 injector but may be 4, and needs the glow plugs as well.
seems crazy that they wouldn’t know something this big 3 weeks ago? By driving it since could I have done this damage

No, it just starts to show up as an oil leak at the top of the engine.

Can only be seen with the plastic cover off.

I would want a written quote before you say yes to anything.

For a 4 cylinder diesel, I've yet to have an injector problem cost $5k.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Kind regardsGary