Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 vw golf mk4 1.6 engine code BFQ. No ecu light…

Customer Question
Hi David i have a...
Hi David i have a 2002 vw golf mk4 1.6 engine code BFQ . No ecu light when ignition on nopower to fuses 10 and 28. ignition switch replaced
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Car
battery is fully charged, my snap on scanner couldn't communicate with ecu after the battery was charged it did found codes 01314 engine control module no communication
01316 ABS control module no communication - intermittent
01177 engine control unit AT this moment not checkable
did clear code ABS didnt come back
3/13/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 5 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

In the spare tire area is a 3x5 white options sticker. Can you take a pic and post the pic here to get factory info to assist. Thanks

please see example pic of the sticker may look similar to this!!

perfect give me some time to get the diagrams to assist!!

thanks

any luck on diagrams?

Sorry for my delay in replying back.

unfortunately my database for your vehicle is empty . i will open back up for others to assist!!

AU Auto Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
All 4th generation gasoline engine Jettas and Golfs are wired the same in this regard, the power supply relay seems to be faulty. It is really number 12 on the relay panel.Before you replace that you should check that the main fuse box on top of the battery is okay, sometimes the alternator cable fails and get so hot it melts the fuse box and that's what supplies power to these relays.I have enclosed a picture of the relay panel.If I have helped answer your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept cuz that's the only way that I'm compensated for my time.If you have any follow-up questions please let me know, you can ask even after hitting answer.
Hi Danny its more then that i have no power to fuse 10, 29,32 and 34
fuses on top of battery have been checked no sign of meltdown
main relay 428 bypassed nothing it does have power tho
alternator cable is good also
i cant find a wiring diagram for this car anywhere even the hyanes workshop manual doesn't have it
Relay 428 is secondary air injection, the 100 relay is the relay for the engine control module.And yes I'm aware that you won't have power to any of those fuses because all those fuses are supplied Power by the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump relay is turned on by the engine computer and the engine computer is turned on by relay number 100 in relay position 12 which is the ECM power supply relay.And Haynes manuals are junk you need to buy the Bentley manual if you're going to be working on your vehicle, family makes the repair manuals for the dealerships for all the German cars. Haynes manuals have incorrect information in them.You don't need a wiring diagram for this, the main fuse on the battery supply power to the fuse panel in the car the ignition switch is what powers up the power supply relay, the power supply relay then powers up the ECM, the ECM supplies ground to the fuel pump relay, the ECM supplies power to the fuel injectors and any sensor in the engine bay that doesn't run off 5 volts, the ECM supplies power to all the sensors that require 5 bolts and supplies a switched ground to anything that the fuel pump relay supplies power to including the fuel injectors, EVAP purge solenoid, and more.Since you already replaced the ignition switch, the ECM power supply relay is almost certainly faulty, if it's not then you'd be looking at a bad fuse box, or the wiring from the ignition switch to the fuse box is faulty which is highly unlikely.