Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1998 Toyota Camry Elantra and cannot power a window…

I have a 1998...

I have a 1998 Toyota Camry Elantra and cannot power a window up - I am finding the fuse information difficult as I don't have the cover on the fuse box.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

It seems the Power windows are no 43 a 30 amp fuse, but, I'm confused as where to look - also looking for the spare 30 amp fuse. I don't know where the second fuse box is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, I ad tis problem once before and family members did something swapping ?? and of course I've merrily just gone along without being able to open one window! fuse 43 is supposed to be B type fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I hope not!! I live a little regionally and this happened just before I got home, and am panicked if (and probably) I get called for work tomorrow. Tanks.

3/13/2018
Marty
Marty, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi, my name is***** it only one window that is not working or are all of the windows not working?

Now it is two.

Ok, there is only one fuse that powers all of the windows. If two windows work and two windows don't work this will not be a fuse problem. The problem will either be the switches or the motors in the doors or the wiring. The individual motors will need to be tested to see if they are getting power from the switch. If the motors are getting power but they are not working you will need to replace the window motors.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty
Marty, Australia Car Mechanic