Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Rev Counter..Speedometer..Temp Guage..Fuel Guage not

Customer Question
Rev Counter..Speedometer..Temp Guage..Fuel Guage...

Rev Counter..Speedometer..Temp Guage..Fuel Guage not working. All lights on Cluster working..ign..battery etc. all working

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Ignition..Battery..Glow Plu Heat etc..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 Ford Courier Diesel Turbo..2WD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Courier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses under the dash..fuses in the engine bay all ok..Tried disconnecting the battery than connecting again...Still guages not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 3 days by:
3/15/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If there are no running or shifting issues this is a common fault within the gauge cluster assembly itself.The circuit board fails on it causing the gauge issues you are seeing and the gauge cluster usually has to be either removed and repaired by a repair facility that can repair it or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician