Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

No start or reds even get warning lights hazards indicators…

Customer Question
No start or reds...

No start or reds even get warning lights hazards indicators just wont start even headlights hi an low beam any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

No crank just dead tested fuses seem ok thinking might be immobiliser

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

93

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

300zx

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Location of ignition module

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 3 days by:
3/15/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This may be due to a fault with the starter itself as this is most common.The signals to the starter need to be tested to see if any start signals are present.Usually, you should have constant power at the large wire on the starter then ignition power on the smaller wire at the starter with the key held in the crank position.If you have these signals the starter needs to be replaced.

If you are missing the ignition signal to the starter this can be a fault with the immobilizer and the fault codes will need to be checked/read out with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set than those codes diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.The immobilizer sensor that reads the key or the ignition switch itself will cause this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician