Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

X6 fault code 5F77. X6 fault code 5F77. 2009. Switched it…

X6 fault code 5F77 ...

X6 fault code 5F77

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

X6 fault code 5F77

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your X6?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Switched it off and back on again fixed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this a transient fault or have I fixed it?

Answered in 5 days by:
3/15/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

There were some issues with throttle sensor wiring.I would have the throttle sensor wiring checked over for any issues with it and if any issues are found the wiring will need repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician