Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Park assist not working on my XC70. Message saying it needs…

Customer Question
Park assist not working...

Park assist not working on my XC70. Message saying it needs a service.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XC70?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing yet. There are no Volvo dealers near me so ot sure what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also my petrol flap wont open. I have to open it manually.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts well.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
3/9/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I’m Kevin you will need to find a garage with Volvo capable diagnostic equipment to access parking assist system . Most garages nowadays will have diagnostic equipment to access this system and read the cause of the issue . Very often one of the sensors has failed .

please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all