Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't locate the adjuster in the rear drum brake to back…

Customer Question
I can't locate the...

I can't locate the adjuster in the rear drum brake to back the brake off so that I can remove the drum. I am assuming that it self adjusting so would probably need that mechanism to be released first. But I am unable to see enough through the adjuster hole to the adjuster wheel. Are special tools required?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

The car is in good order I have just replaced the front disc pads and want to check the rear linings

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1990 I think they call it a gq

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am doing the work .I attempted to remove the drum using the two studs to pull the drum it came a little way but was obviously pulling the brake shoes with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
3/8/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic replied 1 month ago
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Nissan GQ Patrol ?,

Greg

Check on the back plate just under the brake cylinder you will find a long thin rubber plug remove this and with a bent screwdriver you can reach the adjusting wheel .

Let me know if yours is in this position as they came in different location .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

indy-tech
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic