Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Just want to know what ecu is compatible with a 2002 liberty…

Just want to know...

Just want to know what ecu is compatible with a 2002 liberty rx 2.5 manual? as in other models and years?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes its a mates car, had scan tool on it, he left some chicken in it for a few days then thought it would b a good idea to lift carpet and hose it out to rid it of the smell so edu got a bath...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank u

just want to know how much longer is the wait time? thank you..
3/8/2018
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

If it just got a bath i suggest you have it sent in for examination and repair .

This way you will not need to have the ECU reprogrammed ,

Also there is no other ECU compatible you will need the same part number .

If this ECU you took for a bath is not repairable then the new or used same part number

ECU will have to be programmed to the Cars System .not a fit and play system.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

but if u take a second hand ecu from same year same engine and also bring the imobiliser unit and key transponder with it , there then should be no need for reprogram and everything should comunicate and in theory vehical should run??

Yes that will work .

Just make sure it has the same Part number .as in some model the pins are in different position and you will damage the fuel injection system .

Rgds Greg

indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic