Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

HAVE au3 station wagon with recently replaced motor showing…

Customer Question
HAVE au3 station wagon...

HAVE au3 station wagon with recently replaced motor showing 170k HAS STARTED leaking oil extensive which appears to be coming from front end of motor and possibly timing chain tension adjuster apparently a common faul.Where can I get this fixed by and experienced mechanic and likely cost

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

Does not appear to be the fault appears to be leaking from front end of motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself however have been quoted $1200 to replace fan belt and seal timing tension bolt which appears excessive is tyhere any experienced ford mechanic you could recommend

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No not at this stage

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
3/8/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

You would need to bring this to a repair facility that works on your model vehicle like a dealer or facility that specializes in your vehicle model.They will usually charge around $100 to diagnose and locate the fault.The repair for this can run over $500 in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Many thanks the motor has been fixed no further assistance needed
Pete, Technician