Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Can I by pass the key transponder? Lost. Mitsubishi lancer…

Customer Question
Can I by pass...

Can I by pass the key transponder?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

Lost

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

Mitsubishi lancer coupe 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have got everything off car cranks over but will not run

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
3/8/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

Unfortunately, I do not see a way myself to bypass this.What will have to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set in all computers in your vehicle.There should be at least one code set that will help to then diagnose and locate this issue here.This can be a fault with the transponder needing to be replaced or an immobilizer sensor needing to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician