Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I need a code for my VW passat 1998 model. How do i remove…

Customer Question
I need a code...

I need a code for my VW passat 1998 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volkswagen Passat. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

How do i remove the radio to check the seriel number?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
3/7/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

will you be trying to do this yourself? I will send a video how to remove the radio

unfortunately the industry no longer allows us tech's to give out this info, but I can tell you how to go about getting it and the procedure. The info you will need is; the vehicle's make, model, serial number and production date along with the radio serial number and proof of ownership to your closest dealer in person as they will not do this over the phone. This is a free service from them. The only other thing I can do for you is supply a link to a sight that does this but charges a small fee. I hope you understand the process and good luck.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no keys to pull out the radio. Can I find you once I manage so that you give me the code since I have paid?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Call me on +61410870428

did you not read my answer as to we cannot supply the code and I also told you what to do . As for your charge , if you have questions about that you need to contact our customer service and they will help you there as we are just subcontractors.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Peter Bahle, I managed to pull out my radio and the Model is 4680vw, Serial No.###-##-####5.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry typing error. It's Peter Bagley

As I stated you have to take all that info to the dealer please read my previous notes . they do this service free and the only way you can get it or try the link I sent. NO ONE ON THIS SIGHT CAN OR WILL SUPPLY YOU THIS INFO.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please send me your customer service number, I want to talk to them.
Thank you!
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician