Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My Mazda tribute 2007 air bag light glasses 4 4 on start up.

My Mazda tribute 2007...

My Mazda tribute 2007 air bag light glasses 4 4 on start up. What is this error code mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Not that I can see.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I believed it was an error code for the plugs under passenger seat? Disconnected plugs, cleaned and reinstalled. No luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Australian model car, is this in USA?

3/6/2018
indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

This on board code 44 is a B2442 code which is the Passenger side side airbag.

Yes in some cases the plug connection under the passengers seat is the issue ,but if you cleaned and checked the connections and made no difference then the connection from the air bag to the SRS module has a problem .

Check the harness from the SRS module to the side airbag.if good replace the side air bag.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic