Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

We are looking to buy a Kia Carnival but have heard rumours…

We are looking to buy...
We are looking to buy a Kia Carnival but have heard rumours of an update. Any idea when this might be and what the changes will be? What is the reliability of the Kia Carnival like (New Model)?
3/1/2018
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

I do not see an update for this model myself on this.Most likely it is a programming update that has to be done by a dealer with their computer.This usually takes about an hours labor charge to have this done.You would need to contact a dealer to see if they can check and perform any updates needed as well as check the service history for you.I recommend having the vehicle checked over fully to make sure there are no issues.The vehicle should be a good reliable vehicle for you.If purchased as a brand new model there isn't enough info out on these to tell how well it will perform and last.If it is a used model though then you need to have it checked over to make sure it has been maintained properly and that all is o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete no worries understood. Buying a new Carnival Platinum Diesel apparently due in 3-4 months but no details as yet. Any comments on the newer Carnivals and how to best handle a new diesel. Not cheap so I want to look after her best I can!

Your welcome and I apologize for the delay.

I don't have any experience on the newer Carnivals myself.I do recommend to maintain it according to the proper service intervals it calls for to maintain it properly.As long as you have it maintained properly on the date it needs to be maintained you should have a good vehicle that will last a long time.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician