Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Have just bought a 2000 AU V8 Tickford ute.The passenger…

Hi Andrew have just...

Hi Andrew have just bought a 2000 AU V8 Tickford ute.The passenger side window controller was working but only to open window.I did have both up and down control from driver's side,but this too has stopped working.Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2000 Ford AU V8 Tickford ute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have tried to remove door card on passengers side.Couldn't get it right off.Too scared I would break something,but i did get the window switch off.I tested the driver's side and there is power to passenger's switch from there.But can't operate it from either switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is also duel fuel LPG/petrol.Can't start it on LPG if left for any amount of time.And it has back fired and cut out on LPG when accelerating twice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yep.It seems to chew through the fuel.And each time I start it up it seems to reduce predicted mileage on LPG alot.If you start it not long after turning off it is ok.

Hi where is the reply???
Answered in 2 days by:
1/21/2018
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It sounds like there are a couple of issues here.

First, inspect the wiring running from the body to the doors at the hinge area and inside the doors for any damaged or broken wiring needing repaired or replaced.This was a common cause for loss of window or lock operation on several models usually with broken wiring at the hinge area.

For the LPG issue, it sounds like it is starting and running lean.This can be due to a faulty flow control valve or mixer or restriction.It would be best to have a certified LPG repair facility or mechanic look into this to then locate the cause and repair it.But it is lean with a lack of LPG causing this issue and most likely one of these components is faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician