Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My trailer lights dont work but indicators worlk. Its a 2015…

Customer Question
My trailer lights dont...

My trailer lights dont work but indicators worlk

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Nope

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Mitsubishi Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

Its a 2015 mitsubishi triton glx i think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried replacing the head for the trailer thats it but i cant find the fuse for the trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Im just wililing to ask if theres a fuse for the trailer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 4 days by:
1/21/2018
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

My info isn't showing if you have a separate fuse for trailer lights on this model here, Usually, the newer models like this do have a fuse.I would check all fuses in all fuse panels to see if any fuses are blown.If all are o.k. test the signals at the trailer connector to see if all signals are present and if they are then the issue is in the trailer connection or wiring on the trailer itself.If all fuses are o.k. and you do not have trailer light signals at the vehicle connection you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set than those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete