Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

On a Renault Grand Scenic 2006, where is the auto

On a Renault Grand...

On a Renault Grand Scenic 2006, where is the auto transmission testing nipple - not sure whether it's under the central console between the front seats?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Has been done regularly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Renault?

Renault Grand Scenic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No a mechanic is - we are looking for the diagnostic nipple

If it is under the centre console, how is it accessed?
It is the diagnostic nipple we're looking for.
1/17/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

you're quite right to look for the OBD ( on board diagnostic) port in the centre console

if you have the sliding centre console its different to the fixed type

I've shown both types in the images

Thank you that's very helpful. Any clues about how to access it?

Hello

there's a cover to prise off for both off them

if you look in the areas shown ( depending on what type of console you have there should be a little blanking panel that needs a small screwdriver to lift out

this video may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOa4nWkkLNo

Thanks. Either my console doesn't go back far enough, or it's hidden under carpet or something - it's not at all obvious.
The plate you can see in the video, is there and it pulls out, but doesn't reveal anything!

Hello

is there anything in the OBD access hole?

as its possible the socket as fallen inside ?

No. We can't find the whole access point. There is just blank carpet which doesn't seem to lift out. We will re-check as soon as we can.

Ok this video may also help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odWIpyHQ6KU

Thanks for that. We have done all that. It obviously must be there - we'll just have to look further, and if necessary may have to remove the console! Grrrrr! It does appear though that the console is sliding back as far as it can or should. We will try again.

understood

just get back to me on this post

Matt, Engineer
Okay - many thanks.
Just letting you know. Have managed to get the central console to go back further, and that exposed the OBD. The electronics which move the console can sometimes be a little temperamental, which it was being yesterday so didn't allow us to move it back quite far enough. And it is quite a long way back - further I think than I've ever had it before. So thanks for your help. Problem solved.