Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I drive a toyota hiace sbv 2000, after working on the

Hi there, I drive...

Hi there, I drive a toyota hiace sbv 2000, after working on the cabinlight in the front cabin, this light, the radio and the clock stopped working, fuses are alright and cigarettlighter also works. Do you know what might be the problem and how to solve it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Sadly i have missplaced the manual :(

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Toyota?

Toyota hiace sbv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jep. looked at the fuses. They all seemed alright ciggaretlighter is also okay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats mainly it.

1/16/2018
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would double check all fuses in all fuse panels for any blown fuses or issues found.If all fuses in all fuse panels are found to be o.k. this may be a wiring fault leading from the fuse panels with wiring needing checked for any issues and repaired.I would inspect power feed wiring from all fuse panels to see if a wiring fault is found if you find all fuses to be o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician