Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Surging at 50klms constant, SR accent 2016 auto been doing…

Surging at 50klms constant...

Surging at 50klms constant, SR accent 2016 auto been doing it since new, no error codes shown on car or workshop computers

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

5588 klms they have used there scan tools, one guy said my car needed remap engine to transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself, trying to find the fault, been to 3 Hyundai dealerships, been to 1 ex Hyundai mechanic (remap guy) and 1 more Hyundai mechanic who found I have a dodgy accelerator moves lopsidedly, Hyundai Australia say because they (meaning their dealerships) cant fault my car, nothing wrong with it. They don't drive my car, I do was also told in a report from Hyundai after sales rep that I drive on bumpy roads, my body veers to the left thus causing my right foot to come off accelerator and this is the surge. I think not, I live in a normal town with normal roads, he also told me to use cruise control at all times, even though my handbook says do not use in city or varying traffic. I don't live in a city, but if I go to town to shops maybe 7 times I either brake or come to a complete stop journey is only 10klms

1/16/2018
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will have to get one of the dealers or repair facilities to drive your vehicle for a day or more so they can duplicate the fault this way they can see what is occurring here.You may have a failing accelerator pedal sensor or throttle position sensor intermittently sending incorrect signals causing this fault needing replaced.These need to be checked to see if either of these is the cause needing to be replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

they drove the car 24 klms and Hyundai wrote a report see attached, my car went to another dealership they drove the car 13klms put on their workshop computers no error found, Hyundai say because no error codes, no problem. my dealership has had car several times also, took my car to another dealership for 1st year service and they said it was normal for 6 speed auto, I give up. the picture I created an ad for my private facebook, I just give up and will trade the lemon to someone else, Wish Lemon Laws existed in Australia
forgot to add I have a faulty accelerator, video shows it moves lopsided, if you can imagine the movement of a sick tummy that's it, it veers to the left then the whole component moves about sorry video wont load

The only thing I can see for this here is possibly a faulty accelerator pedal sensor being too sensitive.You can ask to have it replaced but you would have to pay for it.Unfortunately, most manufacturers policies indicate that under warranty if the fault cannot be duplicated they cannot repair it or spend much time looking at a problem they cant see.I had to deal with this allot unfortunately and some customers had to come back once the issue had become worse and if they were then out of warranty once we located the fault we had history of the fault from when it was under warranty so then warranty would pay for the repair.I wish I had better news as well here.But the only thing I can think of possibly is an issue with the accelerator pedal sensor itself being faulty needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
thanks will send that information onto Hyundai. My car is only 17 months old 5588 klms, been doing this surging problem since new, unfortunately 50klms is the speed limit in Australia and 99% of what I drive. thanks, ***** ***** a great day
Well worth the money I had to pay on here to get a question and I will rate you now, thanks again, lets hope this is the solution.

Your welcome

thanks, ***** ***** USA Hyundai they said they don't sell my car over there, I think its called Sport accent in USA thanks again

Your welcome